Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Universal's "Ultimate Galactica DVD?" Crap On A Stick!

I heard it through the grapevine that June 2012 is the intended release date for the "Ultimate Galactica DVD Set." Come on Vivendi-Universal!! Do I have to squeeze it out of you? When is that cancellation announcement for the DVD set going to slime its way out of your corporate offices? 6 months from now? 10 months from now? 24 hours before the COMPLETED ULTIMATE DVD sets are scheduled to ship to stores? I'm putting my guess on 24 hours before. Vivendi-Universal always did have a flare for the melodramatic in cancelling Galactica projects literally hours before their intended release.

June 2012, Vivendi-Universal? Thats a "long ass" time away isn't it? In 11 years, not only could you manufacture an entire Galactica DVD set, but you could also hire Richard A. Colla and Alan J. Levi to reconstruct the entire Galactica pilot for you from scratch-(ala' Robert Wise & Star Trek-The Motion Picture) with the missing Galactica footage!!

1) The post-Carrilon Victory Celebration.
2) Serinas cancer.
3) All of the missing footage with John Fink as the Galactica doctor.

4) Tigh showing Starbuck & Boomer the replayed video of the colony attacks on the bridge.

5) Tigh trying to convince Adama not to resign from the council.

6) More footage with Sire Uri.

7) Athena & Apollo speaking with Adama in his quarters.


11 months on the other hand Vivendi-Universal, also gives you plenty of time to cook up another excuse to not release the "Galactica DVD Set", right? For all we know Vivendi-Universal, you could be sitting on your rump right now, never intending to spend the next 11 months making a "Galactica DVD Set."

Prove me wrong Vivendi-Universal, and release this "Galactica DVD Set" in June 2012. Or, go ahead and prove me RIGHT!!!-and never release a "Galactica DVD Set" at all!!!

I know you're going to prove me right, Vivendi-Universal. Because you always do!!! Predicting your behavior is easier than being a psychic!!!

As a footnote, I did predict Tom Desantos departure from the Galactica production a good 4 months before it happened, didn't I? And I predicted it would be Vivendi-Universals doing and fault, didn't I?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home